Leaving a Lasting Legacy
Our commitment to protect the environment has never been more important than today. We continuously look for ways to reduce our environmental impact, including a focus on protecting the land, water, and wildlife habitats in our surrounding communities. We are further focused on energy efficiency and reducing our carbon footprint within our daily operations, with an emphasis on spill prevention, water and waste management, air emissions, and other natural resource conservation. We recognize our responsibility to minimize our contribution to climate change. Our near-term focus areas include:
- Climate Change – We are working to mitigate climate change by reducing greenhouse gases in our operations. We are proactively developing reporting dashboards to monitor our progress.
- Spill Prevention – We have spill prevention controls in place to identify potential spill hazards, containment systems, and recovery equipment to minimize the impact of a potential event.
- Water and Waste Management – We strive to minimize and avoid negative impacts to the wildlife species, habitats, and ecosystem. This is accomplished through routine inspections to identify potential pollutant sources of our wastewater treatment plants related to both stormwater and wastewater.
- Air Emissions – We focus on managing and monitoring our air emissions related to all facets of our painting and blasting operations to ensure compliance with our Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) Operating Air permit, where we monitor and report criteria pollutants and toxic air pollutants, this includes monthly tracking of our paint, thinner, and cleaning solvents. Secondly, we have implemented Abrasive Blasting best management practices to reduce particulate matter emissions and reduce off-site impacts to surrounding communities from our abrasive blasting activities. This includes routine inspection, recordkeeping, and personnel training.
- Natural Resources – We focus to reduce our energy and water consumption. We successfully completed the installation of more than 340 LED lights throughout our facilities in 2020, in our partnership with the Entergy Solutions Program. This not only improved the lighting in our facilities for our workforce, it demonstrates our commitment to reduce our electric usage. We also take responsibility to manage our water supply in sourcing, ground water integrity, and conservation.