Comprehensive Capabilities, Strategic Location
Our Fabrication & Services and Shipyard Divisions operate from our owned facilities in Houma, Louisiana. These facilities are located on the Houma Navigation Canal approximately 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and on a slip adjacent to the Houma Navigation Canal, providing the shortest and least restrictive means of access from our facilities to open waters.
Fabrication & Services
Built on 226 acres, the Fabrication & Services facility includes 102,000 square feet of administrative and operations facilities, 341,000 square feet of covered fabrication facilities, 103,000 square feet of warehouse facilities, and a 13,000 square foot blasting and coating facility. It also has 5,970 linear feet of water frontage, including 2,535 feet of steel bulkheads.
The Shipyard facility is located on 437 acres on the west bank of the Houma Navigation Canal, of which 283 acres is unimproved land that is available for expansion. This facility includes 18,000 square feet of administrative and operations facilities, 160,000 square feet of covered fabrication facilities and 20,000 square feet of warehouse facilities. The facility has 6,750 linear feet of water frontage, including 2,350 feet of steel bulkheads.
Combined, we offer facilities on 663 acres, which include 120,000 square feet of administrative and operations facilities, 501,000 square feet of covered fabrication facilities, 123,000 square feet of warehouse facilities, and a 13,000 square foot blasting and coating facility. The facilities have 12,720 linear feet of water frontage, including 4,885 feet of steel bulkheads.
The Buildings & Equipment to Build Success
Significant buildings and equipment in the Houma facilities include:
- Large assembly building with two 125’ by 350’ bays equipped with ten 20-ton overhead cranes for large modular section fabrication;
- Assembly shop equipped with four 20-ton gantry cranes and various equipment for pipe fitting and welding;
- Two shops with plate bending roll machines with the capability to roll steel and automatic weld process seams into tubular pipe sections;
- A blast and coating shop that enables under roof blast and paint services;
- A pipe fabrication shop equipped with three 2.5-ton gantry cranes, two CNC multi-axis pipe benders, one CNC Plasma multi-axis pipe cutter, pipe spooling and welding stations, and various equipment for pipe fitting and welding;
- Two pipe spooling shops equipped with oxy fuel and plasma cutting capabilities, pipe spooling and welding stations, and various equipment for pipe fitting and welding;
- A prefabrication shop equipped with three 10-ton gantry cranes, a 750-ton press brake for forming plate, multiple hydraulic iron workers, and various equipment for pipe fitting and welding;
- An automated panel line shop equipped with a CNC plasma cutting table, a one-sided plate welder with magnetic holding system, two 20-ton gantry cranes, one 15-ton gantry crane and various equipment for pipe fitting and welding;
- A shop equipped with a hydraulic plate shear, a hydraulic press brake, and various other equipment needed to fabricate steel structures and components;
- Computerized Vernon brace coping machines;
- A computerized numeric controlled plasma-arc cutting system;
- 21 crawler cranes, which each range in tonnage capacity from 60 to 500 tons;
- 18 rubber-tired hydraulic modular transporters with a 200-ton individual weight capacity and 3,600-ton total capacity when used in tandem;
- A 400’ by 160’ floating drydock with a 15,000-ton lift capacity used for repair and conversion of vessels; and
- Three spud barges for use in inshore construction activities, which are each equipped with a crane that has a lifting capacity of 60 to 100-tons.